Header Ads

Pakistani former cricketer tested positive for corona virus

Pakistan's former cricketer Tawfiq Umar has been found infected with corona.

Taufeeq Umar, former Pakistani crickete,  tested positive for coronaviru,  Cricketix      

He was a left hand opener from Lahore, Taufeeq Umar first made his mark in the Lombard World Under-15 Challenge in England in 1996.

Taufik underwent a corona test on sunday (May 23) because of ill health and he isolated himself when the result came positive.

Before Tawfiq, Majid Haque of Scotland, Zafar Sarfaraz of Pakistan and Solo Encueni of South Africa have also been infected with Corona.

Taufiq said, "I got corona test when my health worsened and the result came back positive. However my symptoms are not so severe. I have isolated myself at home as a precaution."

He added, "I appeal to all people to wish me well soon." Tawfiq has played 44 Tests and 22 ODIs for Pakistan. He last played international cricket in 2014.

Umar was a key part of Pakistan's Test batting line-up in the 44 Tests that he played in. While he wasn't a part of the squad between 2006 and 2010, the southpaw did have his moments, right from his debut in 2001 when he smoked a ton. The opening batsman also played ODI cricket, albeit without the same degree of success.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.