Header Ads

‘Do you feel I deserve this?’ Mashrafe Mortaza unhappy with BCB trying to rush his retirement

Mashrafe Mortaza wasn't "prepared for such a hasty arrangement" to give him a farewell game and push him into retirement from international cricket


MashrafeMortaza is upset over the activeties of BCB in his retiremen, Cricketix


Bangladesh cricket team management has done a lot of unpleasant things for the retirement of Mashrafe bin Mortuza. Looking at Mashrafe bin Mortuza's 19-year career, it doesn't seem like he deserves such a retirement. He was hurt the way the Bangladesh team management wanted to shove him out of the team and into retirement.
The topic of Mortaza’s retirement started doing the rounds after last year’s World Cup following Bangladesh’s ouster before the semifinals, and although he’s continued to play on, the fast bowler decided to step down because the team’s ODI captain in March this year.

Mashrafe bin Mortuza has won 50 out of 87  in Bangladesh here the win percentage was 56.33, No other player has been able to give such a great success to the Bangladesh cricket team.Mashrafe's actions suggest he came to cricket to form a team and serve the country. Where no one has been able to give such a great success to the Bangladesh cricket team except him, he is not getting due respect even after giving such a great success to the Bangladesh cricket team at the time of his retire. This veteran player has alleged that there is a conspiracy to end his career. He says he was hurt instead of respecting his actions.

Mashrafe Mortaza in a press conferenc, Cricketix 

"Honestly speaking it seemed that there was a rush to bid me farewell and it had been certainly hurting," Mortaza told Cricbuzz. “Firstly, that they had Create a match to bid me farewell and it had been not Simple match - Simple bilateral series is something and arranging a special match during a hurry is something else. Secondly, they were prepared to spend BDT Two Crores for that match. From an ethical point of view, it's not right considering our first-class cricket players aren't getting paid enough.”

Mortaza revealed that post the 2019 World Cup , he and BCB chairman Nazmul Hasan spoke at length about the cricketer’s future, after which it had been decided that the fast bowler wanted to continue playing till the Bangladesh Premier League. the subject was dropped then and there but Mortaza rues the very fact That public not present therein meeting went ahead and said objectionable things within the media about him.

“They spoke about my salary, asking why would the board pay someone blank in return? Have I been playing cricket for 18 years considering money? If i assumed about money, there have been many opportunities on behalf of me then. I didn't play cricket for money. What was worse is that they spread rumours just like the Bangladesh team played nine and a half players within the World Cup . does one feel I deserve this? Maybe they [board] wanted to offer me a far better farewell but you want to see my side also . there have been talks about me going for the Sri Lanka tour. i might have gone to Sri Lanka if I had not been injured,” he said.

“All of a sudden there was this rush to push me (out). All i do know is that I actually have given my life to cricket albeit i used to be torn apart and bleeding inside. If money was the most criteria, I could have done many things, more so when my career was troubled with numerous injuries. I didn’t even attend play in ICL once I had a suggestion of BDT eight crores. I didn’t do this . I even have played cricket by giving my life and perhaps I couldn't become such an excellent player. But a minimum of I expect some quite respect.”

Captain MashrafeMortaz, Cricketix   

No comments

Powered by Blogger.